- I want to pedal but need a bit of help, especially on the hills. Will this kit help me?
Yes. All electric biker kits are fitted with the pedal assistance system. This means the motor will work with you whilst you pedal. The display that is mounted on the handlebar will then allow you to choose the level of assistance that the motor is giving you. So, when you reach a hill, you can press the button on the display to increase the level of power. The motors are 250w which is more than enough power for even the steepest of hills
- I cycle to work but it's into the wind all the way home - will this kit be suitable to assist me?
Yes. As above, you can use the pedal assistance system to select the amount of power that the motor is giving you. When you cycle home you can turn the system to high and get the most assistance
- My route to work is 16 kms. Which battery will I need?
The distance between battery charges is determined by a number of factors including
- The Amp Hour (aH) rating of the battery;
- The level of power that you’ve used whilst cycling;
- The amount of pedalling that you’ve done;
- The type of terrain;
Also, bear in mind that the figures quoted are for assisted kilometres and not total kilometres cycled – so if you free wheel down a hill then you’re not using battery power. As a guide the different battery options will give the following kilometres between charges:
- 10.4aH battery – 45 kms
- 11.6aH battery – 60 kms
Is the kit waterproof?
Yes. You can take the bike out when it’s raining and wash it down without having to worry. All the connectors on the kit are waterproof including the motor; battery and other ancillary components. The motor and kit comply with water proof code IP65
Can I use the bike as a normal bike once the kit has been fitted?
Yes. You can adjust the level of assistance you receive or you can turn the electric system off at any time and ride as a normal bike.
- Can I remove the battery for security?
Yes. All batteries are provided can be locked onto the bike or unlocked and removed. Two keys are provided that will only fit that kit.
- I’m selling my bike – can I remove the kit from it and transfer it to my new bike?
Yes. You’ll need to refit the components that you removed from your bike when you fitted the kit
- Will you fit the kit for me?
Yes. We will fit the kit for you or locate a suitable service provider to fit the kit for you
- Do you have a bike that I can try with a kit fitted?
Yes. We have various converted electric bikes at our office in Fremantle and you’re more than welcome to come and try these. For West Australian customers we can arrange to come to you for a test ride and demonstration
- I've got integrated brake and gear levers. Will the kit fit my bike?
Yes the Electric Biker kit includes electric inline brake shut offs to automatically cut the power when either brake is operated.
- I've got disc brakes. Will the kit fit my bike?
Yes. The motor wheel is supplied with mounting points for rotors that are secured with machine screws. The Electric Biker kit includes electric inline brake shut offs to automatically cut the power when either brake is operated.
I've got hydraulic brakes. Will the kit fit my bike?
Yes. The motor wheel is supplied with mounting points for rotors that are secured with machine screws. The Electric Biker kit includes electric inline brake shut offs to automatically cut the power when either brake is operated
- Does the motor wheel give any resistance?
Can I fit the kit myself?
Yes. The average home bike mechanic or handy person can easily fit this kit them self. Many of our customers like the sense of achievement in fitting the kit themselves. We are only a phone call away and happy to assist you
- What tools do I need to fit the kit?
Apart from the standard spanners and screwdrivers, you’ll need a pedal arm removal tool to fit the pedal assistance sensor. Depending on the bottom bracket that you have you may also need a bottom bracket removal tool. – We can supply you with these tools if required
- Do I have to transfer the motor to my existing wheel?
No. The motor is supplied preinstalled in a dual skin rim with wide gauge spokes for additional strength.
- Is the motor wheel quick release?
No. You’ll need a 19mm spanner to remove the wheel nuts.
- How do I know whether my bottom bracket is compatible with the kit?
The kit is designed to be fitted with a square taper bottom bracket, although we do modify the kits to fit with any style of bottom bracket when we do the fitting. For home fitting we’d suggest that you have a Shimano semi sealed 118mm square taper bottom bracket to avoid any issues
- Do I use my own tyre on the motor wheel?
Yes. You transfer your existing tyre and tube to the new wheel.
- What happens if I get a puncture? How do I remove the wheel?
A. You remove the wheel like any other (you need a 19mm spanner to remove the wheel nuts) with the additional step of disconnecting the motor cable.